Two-phase project designed for search and rescue training.
In 2012, the City of Spruce Grove worked with Fire Training Solutions to develop a structure with a strong emphasis on search and rescue. The building was designed as a two-phase project in order to meet budget requirements over a period of time. Phase one began in early 2013 and phase two was completed in Fall 2014.
Phase one of this structure includes:
- One 20 ft. and three 40 ft. containers
- Exterior stairs and grating on level two, designed to be removeable
- Concrete floors
- Rappel anchor for high angle work
- Standpipe and sprinkler system
- Burn room
- Interior stairs for below grade attack
Phase two of this structure includes:
- One 40 ft. container to complete the search and rescue areas in the bedrooms and bathroom
- One 20 ft. container to add a forcible entry garage door
- Additional burn room
- Enlarged the existing burn room to 10 ft.
- Enlarged the roof area for ladder work
Looking for more inspiration?
Browse through our collection of completed structures while you dream up your own. And when you’re ready, contact us to create a structure that’s all you imagined.